Recently I've read some interesting posts on other blogs about how we reveal certain parts of our lives on the internet. As a shy person I always feel a bit awkward about revealing personal things about myself on this blog (I mean who wants to read about little old me?!). But I always find the more personal posts on other people's blogs to be the most interesting ones to read. I really enjoyed reading this list by Rhianne recently and yesterday this post about blog envy by Zoe really rang true. So here is my list of a few things you may not know about me!
- As a kid I used to be a member of the Beano fanclub. It was pretty ace, you got a Dennis the Menace badge and a furry one of Gnasher!
- I wrote off my first car by swerving to avoid a pheasant. People later told me I should have just run over it, but my instincts said otherwise! I'm still rather terrified of driving on country lanes.
- The first album I owned was Salt 'n' Pepa's Greatest Hits, on a mixtape made for me by someone from the Youth Club my mum worked at. I was very excited when I got it!
- In the past I had keyboard, drums and guitar lessons, none of which I really got past beginner level at.. still, I tried!
- When I was 13 I listened to Jagged Little Pill more times than was healthy. (I've not really listened to it since, so I'm not sure if it still holds up or not? But I'm guessing not.)
- I first met Tom at a film quiz. I remember he was wearing this Clerks T-shirt which I liked, and he knew more than me on the 'Comic Book Adaptations' round, which I was a little bit miffed about!
- I'd find it hard to live without marmite on toast.
- I much prefer dogs to cats.
- I spent three years living in Hull. Although I wouldn't choose to live there again, I can't help but defend it if anyone slags it off!
- I'm a bit embarrassed to admit, but I actually really like this song.
Phew! How do you feel about sharing personal things about yourself on your blog? Do you prefer to read personal posts from other bloggers?