Monday, 14 January 2013
Top 5 - Vegetarian recipes
I've been a semi-vegetarian now for 17 years and have rarely missed eating meat since I gave it up as an animal-loving 13 year old. A few years ago I added fish back into my diet for various reasons, but I'd quite happily live without it as well as there are just so many tasty veggie recipes out there.
I thought I'd share 5 of my favourites that I always come back to. Note: they always get bonus points with me if they are quick to make!
1. Spinach & Ricotta Cannelloni - a firm favourite in our home!
2. Pesto, mozzarella & olive tart - pictured above - you can make endless variations of this puff pastry tart and it always tastes lovely. It's super quick to make - also good with goats cheese & caramelised onion.
3. Roasted butternut squash with goat's cheese - I've not made this for a while but it's a brilliant winter meal and great to cook when guests are coming over.
4. One-pot mushroom & potato curry - This is very simple to make and very tasty to boot. I also made this paneer tikka masala curry recently and it was yummy.
5. Mexican Enchiladas with cheese - I love Mexican food and I love cheese so this recipe ticks all the boxes for me.
And three I'd love to try..
1. Butternut squash, spinach & goat's cheese pie - looks amazing.
2. Tomato, basil and cheddar soup
3. Black pepper tofu
Please share any of your favourite recipes with me too, I'd love some new ones to try this year.