Friday, 14 February 2014

Film Friday: Inside Llewyn Davis

:The Coen brothers' latest is set in the 1960s New York folk scene, where Llewyn Davis is struggling to make it as a singer. He spends each day on a different person's sofa, and manages to inadvertently lose a friend's cat. 
Watch this if you're a fan of.. folk music, Dylan, cats, films where not a lot really happens 
Guest appearances: Apart from Timberlake, two people from Girls pop up in guest roles (Adam & Ray)
Rating: 7/10 an enjoyable film with some great music, even if it's hard to warm to Llewyn (and i was slightly disappointed by the ending). The kind of film where you want to jump into the beautiful set.


  1. We went to see this on Sunday and both really liked it. Thomas loved the cat, the 60s interiors and the beards (and the story of course!). I actually liked the fact that I didn't warm to Llewyn - I would have found it terribly sad if I'd liked him, but because I thought he was a bit of a d*ck, I could enjoy the film more.

    Oh! And I loved the ending, the sense that his life is this constant cycle of playing music and messing up.

    1. I agree, some good beards! Someone at work said the ending reflected that fact that after Dylan played the musical landscape had really changed..hmm..


© make do and mend | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig