Sunday, 31 August 2014

A weekend by the sea


Last week Tom and I celebrated our five year anniversary with a mini trip to Cromer in Norfolk. I hadn't been since I was a kid so it was lovely to revisit the coastal town and dip my toes in the sea, eat fish and chips and walk along the pier (which is featured in the final scenes of the Alan Partridge film!)

We stayed in a quirky B&B called No.4 which was full of unusual old items - neon signs, jukeboxes, taxidermy and even a skeleton! The breakfasts were huge and we were left fresh cakes each day as well which made our stay very cosy indeed. You can't beat a good weekend beside the sea!








3 comments:

  1. I just nipped over on the off chance you had updated about Cromer and here it is! I'm so glad you got as lucky as me with the weather. I took the exact same "Cromer Crabs" sign too! I'm jealous I didn't stay the night now... maybe next year, as your recommendation looks ace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely weather the first day, but the second was really windy and rainy, so we took a trip to the cinema to escape the blusterous weather & my umbrella turned inside out en route!

      Also spotted the hotdog chap you photographed whilst there on the sea front! No 1 fish & chips was the best in town. Although the queue was immense when we were there as it was Bank Holiday! x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a really fun trip!! Looks like a great B&B too!

    ReplyDelete