Monday, 1 September 2014

Home Inspiration


A few months ago Tom and I began searching for our first home, and last month (after a bit of to & fro) our offer was accepted on a 1930s semi on a lovely tree-lined street in Nottingham, hurray!

The process of house buying is quite a long and arduous one though and we are stuck in a bit of a chain, meaning we don't really know which month we'll be moving yet. So for now I have started 'pinning' some inspirational rooms I like the look of. I am a big fan of Victorian fireplaces, mid-century furniture and vintage items so these houses were (ahem) right up my street.

Top: Hannah's (aka seeds & stitches) colourful vintage home via Apartment Therapy


Love this way of displaying cameras via altfordamerne.

 
 Fireplace love via Junkaholique...


I will really miss living in an old chapel, this one is beautiful (via sfgirlbybay)


A pretty bathroom via jasnajanekovic on flickr

I do love a good quilt (and dog) via design sponge


I've got to try displaying my photobooth strip collection like this via design sponge (in fact this whole sneak peek is beautiful)


A constellation wall via one little mama


Pretty lighting via Hilda Grahnat

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! Hope you're not caught up in the chain too long (partly because I want to see some photos!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am looking forward to decorating and maybe sharing some 'before and after' shots!

      Delete
    2. Haha, second Sarah on wanting to see photos! I'm SO nosy when it comes to other blogger's houses!

      Delete
  2. That's such exciting news! I was wondering just the other day how your house hunt was going. Congratulations to you and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes we are waiting on someone in the chain who is giving birth this month! hopefully if all goes smoothly we can move before too long.

      Delete
  3. That's exciting news - congratulations! Love the inspiration photos you've posted, especially the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shit! I never comment on blogs anymore, even though yours is one of the few that I still read regularly. Congratulations Laura! I bet that feels very adult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Andrea! (And it's nice to get a comment from one of my original blog buddies ;-) - yes it does feel adult but actually it's taking so long that it doesn't really seem like it's happening, i'm just sailing on by! It will only feel actual when we get the keys I think..

      Delete
  5. Congratulations!! So much fun to look forward to!!!

    ReplyDelete